Applications are now open for the University of British Columbia Fellowships 2022-23 in Canada. All Canadian and international students can apply for Schmidt Science Fellowships. Ranked among the top 100 universities of the world, The University of British Columbia holds a huge number of international students.
Outperforming students in the field of computer science, engineering, natural sciences, and mathematics who are eager to learn more should avail this golden chance. UBC Fellowships are an incredible opportunity for them. You may also like United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2022 in USA
The world-renowned university UBC, by providing Schmidt Science Fellowships, is looking for new leaders in the field of science. It is aiming to give a platform to the brightest minds of the world. It is searching for the people who have the ability to leave their mark in the interdisciplinary projects. Fellows will get a chance to join international workshops and individual mentorship. This will give them a profound understanding about advancement of scientific discovery. Must also visit Apple Trainee Program 2023 | Apple Internships
Details of University of British Columbia Fellowships
- Host University: University of British Columbia
- Duration: 1 year
- Fellowship Coverage: $100,000
- Eligible nationality: Canadian and International
- Award Country: Canada
- Last Date: April 2023
Topics of University of British Columbia Fellowships
- Natural Sciences
The eligibility criteria for the UBC Fellowships are given below:
- Canadian, Permanent Resident, and international applicants.
- Applicant should have a graduate degree in one of these fields: Computer science, Engineering, Natural Sciences (Earth Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Biology including Neurobiology)
- The applicant should have finished their Ph.D. or must be expecting to complete it between June 1st, 2022, to July 30, 2023 (Ph.D. must be done from UBC).
- The Fellow should be available for the complete period of July 2023- July 2024, including Global Meeting.
- Extraordinary accomplishment —A proven track record of academic success during their PhD at prestigious universities.
- Alignment with the Program —Commitment to pursuing a postdoctoral degree in a discipline unrelated to the one for which the applicant obtained their PhD for at least a year.
- Curiosity in the sciences—the desire to get extensive exposure to and knowledge about cutting-edge discoveries and research in all the sciences.
- Intellectual abilities —Future scientific breakthroughs will be sparked by individuals with a high level of intelligence, vigor, and intellectual curiosity.
- Global aspirations —The desire to have a long-lasting influence on society and the sciences, pursuing knowledge that will benefit all peoples through ambitious research and showing great perseverance and a willingness to take risks all the way through the scientific process.
- Character —A sincere and observable interest in society and global issues, together with a desire to use one’s skills and knowledge to improve the world.
- Collaboration skills —Proven track record of working well with a variety of team members.
- Utilization of cutting-edge tools —A general interest and comfort level in the application and potential of new scientific methods, such as cutting-edge computing and data science techniques.
Up to nine candidates will be nominated to the international competition by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies after a committee has reviewed departmental nominations.
Fellows of Schmidt Science program will get an allowance of $100,000 and the program will also provide them support to pursue a full-time postdoctoral degree for one year in a field different from their prior field of specialty in one of the top-leading laboratories of the world. The Fellows will also get the chance to attend four residential meetings across the globe in a time span of five weeks during their fellowship where students receive specialized mentorship to help them develop into the next round of scientific leaders.
How to apply for University of British Columbia Fellowships?
Following documents are required to apply for UBC fellowships:
- CV of the candidate, with publications (maximum three pages)
- A maximum of one-page long statement from the nominee covering the following two points:
- Congruence with the Schmidt Fellows program – desire in pursuing a year or more of postdoctoral research in a discipline other than the one for which the nominee got his or her doctorate
- Collaborative spirit – history of successful collaboration with diverse team members.
- Maximum two-page proposal from the candidate covering the following two points:
- possible directions for postdoctoral research.
- a brief justification for up to three potential postdoctoral fellowship labs
Note: The Schmidt Science Fellows program will directly invite successful UBC nominees to submit a complete application at a later time.