Scholars Mission is back with another international scholarship for you. Applications are now being accepted for the Malaysian Government Masters Scholarship for international students. The Malaysian government grants fully-funded scholarships to the students worldwide to make its ties stronger with other countries in educational field.
The Malaysian government is inviting students from developing countries who want to pursue a Masters degree from the top universities of the world to apply for this scholarship. These scholarships are granted to students for 12 to 24 months. You may also like Oxford University Rhodes Scholarships 2023 for International Students.
In 1980, the Malaysian government started the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP). This scholarship program provides full financial support students from developing countries to help them make a better future and in addition, strengthen relations with other countries. MTCP provides over 65 technical training scholarships each year. More than 35000 students have been assisted through this program to this day and students from almost 144 developing countries have participated in this program until now. Must also visit Simmons University Kotzen Scholarships 2022- Study in USA.
Details of Malaysian Government Masters Scholarship
- Country: Malaysia
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries listed on official website
- Deadline: July 16, 2022
- Degree Level: Masters
- Science (excluding nursing, medicine and clinical pharmacy)
- Social science and humanities
- Information and communication technology
- International relations
- Political science
- Agriculture and aquaculture
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Tenaga Malaysia (UNITEN)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
- International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
Required Documents for Malaysian Government Masters Scholarship
- Updated CV
- Letter of recommendation (two)
- Statement of interest
- Academic transcripts. (Undergraduate transcript must be attached)
- English proficiency certificate. (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, CAE, CPE, MUET)
- Copy of passport
- Medical examination
Some requirements for Malaysian Government Masters Scholarship are:
- Applicant must be a full-time Master’s student.
- Must be a resident of MTCP recipient countries. The list of the eligible countries is available online.
- Must not be more than 45 years old.
- Must have achieved minimum of a second-class upper honors degree.
- The applicant must obtain at least 3.5 CGPA or equivalent.
- English proficiency certificate is obligatory.
- The applicant must have an offer letter from at least one of the Malaysian Universities stated above.
- After getting the degree, the applicant must return to his own country.
Benefits of Malaysian Government Masters Scholarship
Malaysian Government Masters Scholarship offer the following benefits:
- Tuition fee coverage
- Overall allowance of 3,500 RM which covers the following expenses:
- Cost of living
- Bool allowance
- Tools allowance
- House rent
- Placement allowance
- Thesis expense
- Travel allowance
- Practical training expense
- End of study allowance
- Medical allowance
- Economy class air ticket to and from Malaysia
How to apply?
To apply for the scholarship, click on the the following link and get yourself registered on the website.