For the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2023 for Mid-career Professionals in the United Kingdom, applications are open. For the Mid-career Professionals Fellowship, international students from low- and middle-income Commonwealth nations are eligible to apply. Students can participate in a professional development program for between six weeks and three months at a UK Host company.
The funds come from the UK Department for International Development (DFID). Talented and driven professionals have a fantastic opportunity through the Commonwealth to advance their knowledge and abilities in the following fields. You may also like University of Manitoba Scholarships 2023 in Canada | Fully Funded.
The Commonwealth is a grouping of nations from around the world. Any nation may request to join the Commonwealth, despite its historical ties to the British Empire, regardless of how closely it is related to Britain’s colonial past. There are 54 nations in the Commonwealth, including the United Kingdom. Must also visit The Gates Scholarship Program 2022 | Fully Funded.
Details of Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2023
- Organization: Commonwealth
- Fellowship benefits: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: Commonwealth countries
- Fellowship country: United Kingdom
All students are eligible to apply for the full-fee Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2023 for Mid-career Professionals. It will pay for all costs. Below is more information:
- Will offer authorized round-trip airline tickets from the candidate’s country of residence to the United Kingdom.
- Stipend (living allowance) payable on a monthly basis (or on a pro rata basis) for the term of the award at a rate of £1,782 per month, or £2,197 per month for individuals working for organizations in the London metropolitan region. On rare occasions, a peripatetic living stipend may be granted depending on the program set up. If necessary, extra information will be given at the time of selection.
- The CSC will offer a complete assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial help if a fellow discloses a disability.
- At current exchange rates, an arrival allowance of up to £972.59 will be given, along with money for warm clothing.
- The usual visa application fee is refunded.
- A one-time payment of £1000 will be made to cover the expenses required by the Host organization in relation to the administration and support of the fellow, the scheduling of necessary meetings, any materials needed, and any incidental travel expenses for the fellow while receiving the award (to be paid to the Host organization on receipt of an invoice).
- Fees can be negotiated for Fellows’ travel expenses to visit other UK organizations where attending short courses or conferences is required as part of the program.
- For awards lasting less two months and up to three months, a maximum of £3,000 may be agreed (to be paid to the Host organization on receipt of an invoice).
These six development-related subjects are available for fellowship:
- Science and technology for development
- Enhancing health infrastructure and capacity
- Fostering world prosperity
- Enhancing global governance, security, and peace
- Enhancing crisis preparation and response
- Opportunities, inclusion, and access
List of Organizations:
The Commission has approved the following organizations to host fellowships for this round of fellowships. The eligibility requirements for each program are listed below for each organization, along with links to their official websites. Please read the requirements for each organization; failure to do so will result in the candidate’s ineligibility.
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Professional Fellowship:
A candidate for a fellowship must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country that is qualified, have received refugee status, or be a British Protected Person.
- The applicant must be a legal resident of the eligible nation.
- Has to be Full Time Five years of experience in a field associated with the one mentioned above, or the equivalent amount of part-time experience Please be aware that volunteer work history won’t be taken into account.
- Be employed at the time of application and return to that position after the fellowship is over.
- The applicant must not have been chosen for this fellowship within the preceding five years.
- Candidate is not enrolled in any courses or research projects in the UK. Academics may apply for the program, but they may only pursue academic management programs; they may not do research or enroll in courses related to their area of study. Applicants must be available between 1 February 2023 and 15 March 2023 for this Fellowship.
There is no set deadline for submitting applications for the Commonwealth Fellowship 2023 for International Students in the UK.
How to apply for Commonwealth Professional Fellowship?
At least two references are required, one of which must come from your current employer; otherwise, your application will not be accepted.
Your application will be given to the host organization in which you applied for fellowship after the deadline for applications and references has passed. After reviewing your application, the organization will send the Commission a list of the students they have chosen. The final candidates for fellowship will then be chosen by the Commission.