Think about should you might maximize pupil engagement in nearly any lesson in your classroom with just one trick in your trainer toolbox. But it surely’s not likely a trick – it’s a whiteboard.
And we aren’t speaking concerning the big whiteboards on the entrance of your classroom, or these loopy costly interactive whiteboards. At the moment we’re speaking all about utilizing the smaller, particular person pupil whiteboards.
Earlier than we get began, listed here are some nice choices for particular person pupil whiteboards:
10 Methods to Use Whiteboards within the Classroom
- Apply penmanship – observe writing and drawing
- Fixing math issues – this may appear like: have college students write out math issues, draw to elucidate how they bought a solution, do fast timed assessments on math details
- Visible schedules – have an unscheduled schedule change or does a pupil want a fast lodging of a visible schedule? You (or the coed) can write or draw the schedule on the whiteboard. Be taught extra about visible schedules right here.
- First, Then boards – a fast manner that doesn’t contain printing and laminating (However in order for you a printed First, Then board, right here you go!)
- Spelling observe – Apply one phrase at a time, a number of phrases, or have college students take a spelling check utilizing the whiteboards. So many choices! For extra spelling actions, begin right here.
- Throughout studying – write down unknown phrases whereas studying
- Answering questions and writing prompts – For writing prompts accomplished for you, try the illustrated month-to-month writing prompts right here.
- High quality Motor Abilities – tracing strains, drawing shapes, letter formation, erasing. For extra high quality motor observe concepts, begin right here.
- As a graphic organizer – for writing paragraphs and organizing ideas a few matter, brainstorming, hypothesizing throughout a science experiment, evaluating and contrasting textual content, making graphs and lists,
- Fast evaluation of a talent – One concept for classes requiring a number of questions: have the coed write, hides their board, waits for the sign, after which holds up reply all on the similar time. For print and digital assessments, go right here.
The wonderful thing about utilizing whiteboards within the classroom is that it may be accomplished in small group or complete group, and may actually be used and tailored to be used in any lesson or exercise.
Advantages of Utilizing Whiteboards within the Classroom
- Elevated and maximized engagement
- Doesn’t require copies or expertise
- Knowledge assortment when used for fast assessments
- Permits everybody to take part in their very own manner
- Will get everybody concerned within the lesson or exercise
- Versatile seating
Identical to something, it’s important that you just educate your college students when and how you can use the whiteboards. What occurs when a marker dries out or stops working in the midst of a lesson? Establishing a routine for when and how you can use whiteboards is essential to your classroom administration and engagement.
How do you employ whiteboards in your classroom? Share with us within the feedback under!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: